Velocity Valley – Rotorua Adventure Park
Velocity Valley is New Zealand’s one and only ultimate adventure playground. All in one location, we really do have something for everyone with five iconic adventure activities including:
- The Swoop a 40m high arc swing, which plummets at 130kmph towards the earth, it’s sure to make anybody scream!
- Then you’ll also find New Zealand’s fastest jet boating experience, the Agrojet, accelerate to 100kmph in 4.5 seconds weaving in and out of the 1km sprint course.
- Is your class a competitive bunch? Then try your hand at racing on the Shweeb, the world’s only human powered monorail racetrack – take on the 600m race and pedal your way into a category/country record to win prizes.
- Freefall Xtreme body flying will be sure to have spectators laughing at the flyer as they are suspended above the wind column riding the air like superman/woman.
- To finish it all off is Rotorua Bungy, 43m high above the Ngongotaha Stream with amazing views out to Lake Rotorua.
Activities are suitable for all ages and abilities. BBQ facilities & catering is available on request.
We can arrange talks by staff on eco-friendly/sustainability, Geography, local culture, history of Agroventures and tourism/careers. Curriculum based student talks and worksheets available on request.
This assessment task allows students to collect information on the urban pattern of Tourism during a visit to tourist attractions and activities in Rotorua.
Students will be able to collect information on how the cultural process of tourism development has shaped the Rotorua environment while on a visit to Rotorua. Teachers need to provide their own worksheets and activities for some providers. We supply you with a satellite image of the Rotorua Central Business District, a map of the Rotorua urban are to show tourist attractions & a map of the Rotorua CBD
REN Members who can provide talks to students on request are:
Rotorua Museum, Skyline Rotorua, OGO Rotorua, Kaitiaki Adventures, Te Puia, Agrodome, ZORB, Wai-O-Tapu & Kawarau Jet.
Attractions listed are able to offer a talk on the sustainability of tourism development focusing on their product and in relation to their operations. But also with views on the wider issue and the actions that are needed to keep tourism in Rotorua sustainable, we have from the website a worksheet for students to complete when an attraction is booked through us to help teachers with material and to give students something to work with. When you book through us we can offer the password protected link to gather this information.