Sample Itinerary for Year 13 Students
3-Day Visit to Rotorua (Sample)
- 2x nights @ YHA Rotorua – Group Unit – Fully Equipped Kitchen Unit
- Pavlovich Coachlines
- Depart Auckland for Rotorua
- Time in Rotorua City to collect data for assessment
- Te Puia Guided Tour
- Come face to face with P?hutu Geyser, jumping mudpools, and live kiwi birds. Watch master carvers and weavers at work. Hear our guides share stories passed down from their ancestors.
- Dinner – Own Arrangements
- Continental Breakfast – YHA Rotorua
- Rotorua Museum
- Lesson G3 – Tourism – A Cultural Process
- From the Pink and White Terraces to today’s markets, what have the main stages of tourism development in Rotorua been?
- What factors have brought about changes inn the history of Tourism in Rotorua, such as economic, social, political and environmental?
- A free ‘History of Tourism in Rotorua’ timeline is given to each student.Activities include:
- Introduction and Discussion
- A slide presentation
- Lunch – Own Arrangements
- Waimangu Volcanic Valley Self Guided Walk and Boat Cruise on Lake Rotomahana
(Allow 3 hours) Wander along the crater walkways. Inspect the awe-inspiring volcanic activity and thermally adapted plants. Learn about the explosive history of Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Then join the boat cruise on Lake Rotomahana, to see the sites of the Pink and White Terraces.
- Katoa Jet Lake Rotorua
- Speed, Spins and AdrenalineA 30 minute thrill ride with adrenaline pumping actionTake this classic blood pumping thrill ride in the sleek yellow boat and take in four historical landmarks on the way.
- Departs from Rotorua Lakefront, you will need to check in 15 minutes before departure.
- Mitai Maori Village – Hula and Haka performance and Dinner (2.5 – 3 hours)The story of the migration of Tamatekapua of the Te Arawa canoe to Aotearoa and the Maori Pacifica connection told in dance form. Come and join us in this Maori and Island fusion extravaganza, including a feast for the ravenous
- 9.00pm approximately
- Depart for YHA Rotorua
- Continental Breakfast – At YHA Rotorua
Roll down the hill in a plastic ball with flipping and rolling around full of laughs and heaps of fun.
- Skyline Rotorua & Buffet Lunch at the Stratosfare Restaurant
Take a ride in the 8-seater Doppelmayr Gondola to the top of Mt Ngongotaha and see the magnificent view of Lake Rotorua and the city. Enjoy two Luge rides, a fun filled gravity ride on a 3-wheel cart, returning to the top via a double seater chairlift. Additional Luge rides can be purchased at the School Group rate on the day at Skyline Rotorua.
- ** DEPART ROTORUA AT OWN LEISURE **