Frequently Asked Questions
Questions & Answers regarding the Rotorua Education Network.
Click the questions to reveal the answers.
You cannot find the question you need to know? ask us now!
What can we do for you?
- We organise quotes, create customized itineraries specific to your needs including activities, accommodation and transportation, arrange bookings & vouchers and process all the payments.
- Arrange speakers with tourism marketing staff or appropriate people with a working knowledge of the industry.
- Provide resources for teachers and students, up-to-date information and statistics linking directly to curriculum.
- We guarantee the most competitive rates with a 24-hour turnaround.
- Save you time and money by booking through one source rather than individual operators.
If we book direct with the members will we get the REN rates?
No, you will only be entitled to the REN rate by booking directly with us.
Can we book direct with the members?
- When you book with them direct you will have to pay the normal student rate and not the REN rate, which is the lowest rate.
- All bookings that go direct to the members will then be forwarded on to the REN Office.
Why should we book through the Rotorua Education Network?
You should book with the REN because we will make your life easier and your school trip more affordable, by:
- Organising quotes, creating customized itineraries specific to your needs including activities, accommodation and transportation, arranging bookings & vouchers and processing all the payments.
- Arranging speakers with tourism marketing staff or appropriate people with a working knowledge of the industry.
- Providing resources for you and your students, up-to-date information and statistics linking directly to curriculum.
- Saving you time and money by booking through one source rather than individual operators.
- Guaranteeing the most competitive rates with a 24-hour turnaround.
Is it cheaper to book direct?
No it is not because the REN rates are the lowest rates available and when you book with the operators direct you will have to pay the normal student rate.
If we book our own transport can we still book the rest of our itinerary through REN?
Yes you can and we will provide you with an up-to-date itinerary which you then can pass on to the transport company you have booked with.
Can we book other activities/operators who are not REN members?
Yes you can. You just simply let us know what you would like to do and will source the most affordable rate for that activity.
Can our vouchers be delivered to our accommodation/activity if we arrive late?
Of course we can deliver your vouchers. You just need to let us know and we are more than happy to arrange that for you.
If our group arrives on the weekend how do we collect and pay for our vouchers?
Vouchers can be paid for and collected from Tourism Rotorua by prior arrangement as we will then organise a travel consultant to take care of your booking/group.
* opening hours apply
If collected outside normal operating hours we will arrange for the vouchers to be delivered to your accommodation.
Do cancellation fees apply?
Cancellation fees do apply for cancellations made within 5 days of the booking date. The cancellation fee is at the operator’s discretion based on their current policies.
What happens if we pay in full by direct credit but the student numbers change on the day? Are we entitled to a refund?
Cancellation fees apply for cancellations made within 5 days of the booking date. The cancellation fee is at the operator’s discretion based on their current policies.
If you are entitled to a refund, you just need to advise student numbers and we will organise a refund cheque and post it back to the school.
Do you organise trips for international students?
Yes we do.
Do you organise trips for overseas schools?
Yes we do. But please note that rates for overseas students will apply.
We are international students studying at a New Zealand school, what rates will apply?
The normal REN rates will apply.
Do different rates apply?
We have rates for domestic and international students and we have also different rates for primary/intermediate, high school, tertiary students.
Do you have RAM (Risk Analysis Management) Reports?
Yes, all operators have up-to-date RAM Reports for you to download (teachers log-in)
Is there a minimum or maximum of length of stay?
We can arrange trips for any length of time for you.
Is it possible to book activities outside of Rotorua?
Yes it is. We can arrange activities and accommodation outside of Rotorua.